Hunting & Fishing Licenses

Hunting & Fishing Licenses may be purchased at the Town Office during normal business hours.
Or on-line at

Inland Fisheries and Wildlife does NOT recognize any stand alone online program for validation for Hunter Safety.

We have been made aware of sportspersons using an online course certificate to show proof of hunter safety. Online courses do not qualify.

Applicants for an adult hunting license must show proof of having previously held an adult license to hunt with firearms in any year beginning with 1976 or successful completion of an approved hunter safety course. 

Residency Requirements

Individuals may claim only one state or province as their legal residence.

Resident means a citizen of the U.S., or an alien who has been so domiciled for one year.

You will not be considered a Maine resident unless:
•if registered to vote, registered in Maine;
•if licensed to drive a motor vehicle, made application for a Maine motor vehicle license;
•if owning a motor vehicle or vehicles located within the State, registered each such vehicle in Maine;
•complied with the State income tax laws; and
•if a full-time student at a Maine college or university, and satisfies above requirements.

Nonresident means a citizen of the United States who does not fall within the definition of Alien or Resident.

Alien means a person who is not a citizen of the United States
deer, trout and fishing pole on brown grass with blue sky behind